Sheet Music Scanner
Score Player for iPad and iPhone
Reading Sheet Music For You
Scans printed sheet music using the built-in camera and plays it for you.
Ever wondered, how that interestingly looking piece of written sheet music sounds? Piece of cake with Sheet Music Scanner. Just point your iPhone or iPad at the sheet and let it play the notes for you.
Choose the instrument, pick the speed and enjoy!
- Scan the whole sheet at once using the built-in camera
- Alternatively, recognize a picture from your image library
- Pick a bar to play the song from
- The recognized symbols are highlighted as they are played
- Support for more voices played in parallel at the same time, e.g. both piano hands
- Support for multiple pages
- The pitch standard can be changed from the standard 440Hz to 380 - 480Hz as required by the instrument and musical standard
- Speed: 50 - 330 beats per minute
- Instruments: Acoustic Bass, Alto Sax, Bagpipes, Banjo, Bass Guitar, Cello,
Choir, Clarinet, Double Bass, Flute, French Horn, Guitar - Classical, Clean, Distortion,
Harp, Mandolin, Organ (Percussive, Pipe, Reed, Rock, Tonewheel), Piano, Recorder, Tenor Sax, Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, Viola, Violin.
Actual instrument pitch supported for the transposing instruments.
- Pitch shift / sound transposition support by semitones up to 2 octaves up or down.
- Supports all the important symbols of contemporary musical notation: treble, bass, and alto (viola) clefs, notes, duration dots, rests and accidentals
- Tied note recognition
- Import from image files. All the common image types supported: PNG, JPG, TIFF, etc. *
- Import from PDF *
- Export as MIDI, MusicXML, audio (M4A / AAC, MP3, WAV), PDFNEW! to cloud drives *, directly to other apps or via AirDrop
- Compatible with iOS 9, iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus
- 2 for 1: this app is universal - you will get both the iPhone and iPad versions for the price of one.
RecommendediPhone 6 or 6S, 6 Plus or 6S Plus, iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, or any newer device for best experience.
Minimum RecommendediPhone 5S, iPad 4, iPad Mini
- iPad 2 has lower camera resolution than the newer models and is not sufficient for good recognition results directly from the camera. It will however work well with high resolution images downloaded from the Internet.
- Some symbols are not supported yet: repeat signs, codas, triplets / tuplets, percussion notation, dynamics, double sharps, double flats and grace notes. These are on the to-do list and will come in the future updates.
- The app reads 3 types of clefs at present: treble, bass, alto. It does not read octave clefs yet (will be soon) or clef changes in the middle of one staff.
- There are some technical limitations:
- The app needs good quality print and photo (when scanning from the camera).
- Some older prints or unusual fonts might not get recognized correctly.
If you experience any problems, please contact the support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming soon, priorities ordered based on user feedback
- Improvements in recognition
- Octave clefs, clef changes
- Repeat signs
- Sharing of recognized scores between devices
- Editor to fix any issues in the app directly